Wednesday, November 2, 2011

2 November, 2011

Wow I can not believe how fast this last year has gone. Tomorrow on November 3rd. will mark the 1 year anniversary of Dads passing. I will be wearing Purple in his honor.



I miss Dad so much, I think of him daily and remember the precious times we had. How this horrible Disease was a blessings at times.

You see for me it was hard most of the time but beautiful at times because it allowed me to get to know Dad in a way I might not have been able to do otherwise.

Growing up I got to know Dad as my Daddy and Father, as an adult I got to know him as an adult, then as the Alzheimer's grew more prominent and Mom saw it, and asked me if I would watch over him and take care of him as he progressed before she passed away.

I got to know Dad as a young adult not just a forgetful man. I then saw him as he would have been a rebellious teenager,Wanting his way and trying whatever it took to get it. Those were frustrating days for me but we got through them. Then a child full of joy for everything especially the simple things. The laughter of telling me stories he told me so many times over and over again during this stage sometimes laughing so hard that tears would roll from our eyes and our stomachs would hurt.

Then as a toddler Frustrated because he could no longer read or walk or do the things that he wanted. How he enjoyed the simple things that we all take for granted seeing the animals, smelling a flower, going for a walk a good sip of Root beer his favorite drink. Then as an infant when he could no longer speak or do anything for himself. It was then that I got to know Dads spirit. His loving spirit and longing to be touched and held and have his hair brushed. I LOVE YOU DAD!

I know we all have great memories of Dad and I would love to see some of your memories of both Mom and Dad on here please feel free to share them. I know everyone would enjoy them.



February 14th will mark the 11 year anniversary of Moms passing. I miss her also as equally. I have many fond Memories of Mom. I saw many sides of Mom as well. But above all she was a great Lady. So generous and kind and forgiving. She so wanted to help those in need as she was able. So concerned about her family and her children holding together as a family after she passed away. She expressed this to me so many times that last year of her life. She Loves you all so much. She loved the animals in nature so much. From her pet Skunk (Mr. Waddles) to the deer and the mountain lions. She loved and respected them all.

One thing Mom taught me was to appreciate the little things God created. The delicate petals and beauty of a flower, the tiniest of shells you find on the beach. To slow down and look at the beauty and nature around you, that you would see thing others might miss because you took the time to look.









So as I come to a close for this posting I want each of you to know How much I truly Love you all. I want you to know that if I have offended or hurt you in any way I am truly sorry and ask for you to please forgive me. I want us to be a family again to rely on each other to be friends to Love each other.

With all my heart and Love

Jo Ellen

No comments: